The Scholastic Achievement Award Application deadline is Sunday, April 25, 2021. The application is FILLABLE (Word Doc) and should be EMAILED COMPLETED by Sunday, April 25, 2021 to email@example.com or MAILED to Channel Islands Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, P.O. Box 855, Camarillo, CA 93011. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Information about The Links, Incorporated Scholastic Achievement Award:
The Links, Incorporated is an international volunteer service organization of women of African descent who have been united for community service and leadership since 1946. The Channel Islands Chapter of the Links, Incorporated was chartered in 1982 and serves Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. The Links, Incorporated Scholastic Achievement Award is open to graduating seniors at all Ventura and Santa Barbara County high schools who meet the scholarship criteria. Scholastic Achievement funds may be used for books, tuition or other fees. The Links, Incorporated Scholastic Achievement Awards will be presented at a location to be determined.
Recipients will be selected from applications submitted by students who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Senior graduating at the end of the 2020-2021 school year from a high school within Ventura or Santa Barbara Counties
- Have a cumulative 3.0 or higher-Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale at the time of application
- Provide evidence of Leadership Potential & Community Service (through participation in school, community, church or work activities)
- Be college bound, and have been enrolled in a college or university at the time of the award or provide evidence of admission and intent to attend. Scholastic Achievement funds will not be awarded to any student who does not attend a college or university during the 2021-2022 academic years.
Submit a completed application packet with the following:
- Application form is fillable, typed or printed in blue or black ink legibly, submitted before or by the April 25, 2021 deadline
- An official transcript of high school grades with authorized seal/signature(s), PDF acceptable through email directly from counselor office
- Two letters of recommendation (authors of letters need title & signature)
- One from a school staff member familiar with your academic accomplishments
- One from an adult (not a family member) familiar with your school, community, church or work accomplishments
- A current wallet size copy school or professional photograph